Everything You Need to Know about the 2017 LinkedIn Cover Photo
Say cheese! Well, somewhat. Introducing the all new LinkedIn Cover Photo. Cover photos, also known as the background photo, used to be something that only Premium LinkedIn account holders could obtain, but not anymore. As of January 2017 LinkedIn has given cover photo access to all users. Here are some things to keep in mind when finding a cover photo.
But before we get into stats, let’s talk about how to get the cover photo uploaded.
5 Steps to upload a LinkedIn Cover Photo (from LinkedIn's support form):
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click Update background photo at the top of your profile and select an image from your computer to upload.
- Click Upload photo.Click Save.
Got it? Awesome. Here are some things to remember when uploading the new Cover Photos to LinkedIn:
LinkedIn Cover Photo Size.
Bigger is better, right? Well – almost. Your cover photo will need to be 1536x 768px and no larger than 4MB. The file type will need to be JPG, GIF or PNG. If your photo uploads blurry, you will want to choose a different one that is of a larger size to avoid this.
Premium users have access to 29 different preloaded backgrounds, but not to worry. Those of us who have the free subscription will have the option to upload your own custom photo.
So, why should I have a background photo? Great question! Here are some stats for you.
- The total number of LinkedIn users is 467 million as of 10/2016. Now that is a lot of face time!
- In the time it took you to read this, a new user made an account on LinkedIn. It was reported that every 2 seconds a new person sets up an account on LinkedIn.
- The number of LinkedIn users in the U.S. alone is 128 million as of 4/2016.
- LinkedIn revealed its user total goal is a whopping 3 billion!
If there is anything we learned here it is that there are millions of people on LinkedIn. Stand out from the crowd with a unique background photo or profile photo and you are sure to stand out from the rest!