7 Steps to Download LinkedIn Connection’s Email Addresses in 2017 (for FREE)
How to Download your LinkedIn Connection's Email Addresses 2017
Editor's Note: This information was created and validated on July 5th, 2017. All steps are accurate and accessible at this date and time. If the steps are no longer accessible at your time of reading, please email us at hello[at]targetrocket.com and we'll update this post. Thanks!
It's 2017 and you're only as good as your rolodex, right? In the world of "who you know, not what you know," it's important to keep track of who those "who's" are. Which is why we're telling you how to download the email addresses of your LinkedIn connections in 7 rather simple steps. But note - with great power comes great responsibility. Connecting with you on LinkedIn doesn't mean they've opted into your 5-emails-per-day newsletter that features your wife's sister's cat and the latest promotion for something they'll absolutely never buy.
Downloading your LinkedIn connection's email addresses should be used as a door to take your LinkedIn conversations off the business social site and into an inbox - with real greetings and real conversation (mail merges be d*mned).
Bonus tip: You don't just get an email address. You get the contact's full name, email address, current employer, and current position when you run the export. And in the world of updates, there's no telling how long the ever-monetizing LinkedIn will allow this feature to remain free, so do it and do it often.
7 Steps to Download Your LinkedIn Contact's Email Addresses for Free
- Click the "My Network" icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- On the left side under your connections number, Click "See All"
- In the next window, click "Manage synced and imported contacts" (it's light gray in the top right corner with a book icon next to it)
- In the bottom right you'll see "Advanced actions"
- Click "Export Contacts"
- Click "Request Archive" (you can choose between Fast File or Fast File Plus - for just downloading contacts, choose Fast File)
- You will receive an email to your primary email address which will include a link where you can download your list of connections.
Don't take our word for it. You can find LinkedIn's support file on downloading connection information here.
And there you have it - seven simple steps to download your LinkedIn Connection's email addresses in 2017! In the words of Spiderman's Uncle Ben, "With great power comes great responsibility" - just because you can, doesn't mean you should spam people by automatically adding them to your newsletter.
Pro-Tip: Use these email addresses to retarget through Facebook's Custom Audience. Most people make their personal email address their primary for a LinkedIn account which is probably the same email they use to create their Facebook account. Marketing synergy - it feels oh so good.